Some Days....

Some days my body aches so much that when I first wake up that I have to mentally force myself to get up and get moving. It helps that one of the cats is a total pest until I turn the bathroom faucet on for him to drink from.

Some days (most days) I don't want to take my medication - because I know it will leave me achy, and even though I know it's what I need to do to keep my heart healthy for now, I feel like it's not making my body healthy overall.


Some days I feel like I am ridiculously productive and I wish I could show someone how much I got done because they would never believe how productive I can be.

Some days I wish I lived in Mexico on a little farm where I raised my own food and lived off the land and had no access to chocolate, ice cream or cherry coke (which almost sounds like a nightmare).

Some days I don't feel valued or appreciated and staying positive is trying on my every being. Smiling becomes a secretive sarcastic way of dealing with people around me.

Some days I feel like I should be doing more in the world. Am I making a difference? Is there a purpose to life if I'm not?

Some days I don't want to check my bank balance. And my mailbox across the street seems to have only one  purpose- collecting bills to taunt me each week (honestly-the hospital sends me something EVERY WEEK).

Some days I think it is tragic that we are all going to die and leave behind heartache and sorrow.

Some days I think I should adopt a baby kitten and name it Bunny.

Some days I think I am Superwoman.

Some days I think I am Jabba the Hut.

Some days are all we have...

Your Turn, Dear Reader: What are your Some Days?

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative content. More power to you.

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    yep, some days come in all shapes and sizes...and somedays i fit and others i am the square peg you know...

  1. EmptyNester said...:

    My some days that are positive and happy I LOVELOVELOVE! My some days that are negative and unproductive- DRIVE ME NUTS. I wish every day could be the positive happy type. I know people say it's a choice but some days, it doesn't seem like a choice at all.

  1. Vidya Sury said...:

    Yeah - I feel that way some days too. :D Life is such an up-down cycle! :D

  1. Natalie said...:

    You can e-mail me a list of all of the things you get done on productive days! I always make someone listen to my list of things that I got done when I feel super productive. :)

  1. I completely understand. Some days I don't want to get out of bed because of the pain. Some days I'm so sick of taking medication but know that if I didn't the pain would be unbearable and the headaches would be debilitaing.
    But some days when I do get out of bed and do something that helps another person, my heart swells and I can make myself get up one more day.
    Thank you for sharing your life with us, you are such a wonderful person who does SO much for others and has raised a wonderful son who does so much for others. You are and INSPIRATION to so many people you may not even realize. =)

  1. I've been having more of those some days since I turned forty--is there a reason for that?

  1. Denis said...:

    Some days I quit my diet because nothing much has changed. I got a new app for food & exercise tracking though.

    Other days are great like May 19th where I meet new people. hint hint there will be from 5 to 15 people you've never met

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails