Xmas Holiday Spectacular 2010 - A Photo Series

Part One: Xmas at Grandma & Grandpa's House

My one and only beloved son, Andrew and I.
Look, a guitar went with us-are you surprised?

My nephew Tyler and his gf

Close-up of the tag I made for their gift - looks JUST like them, right?? I'm considering art school.
My mom and dad! "Somebody" refused to wear the hat. Guess he didn't want to mess up his hair!

Our favorite family friend, Carol. We have the greatest laughs together, I just adore her!!
Note the homemade tag and how it totally resembles her?? Hellooooo art school!

Part Two: Xmas at Our House
Photo courtesy of Natalie. Thanks Nat! It only took her three shots to get a good one. With my automatic-focusing camera.
For some reason, I loved this soft, indoor boomerang as a gift for Andrew, but didn't fully consider that he would be throwing it indoors at MY house. We haven't mastered it yet, so for now, it's just a soft, flat baseball that has a mean curve on it.

For his first Xmas as an 18 year old, I gave him The Key to Success. You're welcome!!

Andrew gave me the gift of time...and is now taking over the laundry chore! YAY for no laundry chore for me. He also committed to volunteering 24 hours in 2011! YAY for good deeds!!! LOVE this gift - it's a gift that keeps on giving!
(please disregard my mismatched pajamas and lack of makeup)

Dessert didn't come first, but I had to share first - we made a holiday pavlova, which is basically a meringue (aka all sugar) but DELICIOUS. I totally fudged the recipe multiple times and we didn't have kiwi or fresh strawberries, but it was tasty. So tasty that I didn't get a photo of it before we had already dug in. This looks a mess-but it didn't taste it, I assure you.
Our turkey master-carver John. Look at how enthused he is to do this job!!! Thanks John!
My folks got me this awesome food server/warmer thing so we did not have to worry about our multiple mashed potatoes getting cold! It's always so traumatizing trying to get everything done at the same time and serve it up warm, so this really helps! Thanks Mom and Dad!
The kids table! How cute are they?? Note the full plates? Two of the girls only ate biscuits. Whatever. Their loss. (to be fair, the young one also ate pretzels that she pulled out of the chex mix)

(featuring Andrew, Natalie, Tara, John, Cassidy, Abbey, Dean, Sophie, Phil, Kaylen, Whiskers and Ginger)
I fully intended to have a group photo for Xmas dinner at our house, but failed to get one...I would sketch one out, but I just don't have time to draw seven adults, three kids and two frightened cats right now. Maybe that will be my first sketching project in art school!


That was our holidays - they were great and we love everyone. Tra la la la la.


Hope you all had a great time with great people and are looking forward to a great 2011!!

9 comments:

  1. Brian Miller said...:

    so you had a good christmas eh? looks like it...

  1. Nat said...:

    To be fair, one of the "bad" photo attempts was perfectly fine, you both just didn't like the pose. That was all you! I was not involved in the creative aspect of the posing.

    Also, in my defense because I know you will remember telling me to remind you to take a group picture, I did remind you around Pavlova time. :)

    I had a blast! Thanks for inviting me.

  1. I can't tell you enough how much I LOVE your gift tags! I am so doing that next year!!!

  1. Ah, you're a happy looking bunch!
    Cute gift tags.
    And I always thought the kids' table was the most fun to sit at. Still do!

  1. Raven said...:

    Looks like it was a delightful holiday! I hope that you have a great New Year's too!

  1. kilax said...:

    I love the photos. And your homemade gift tags. And that Andrew is going to volunteer 24 hours! He is such a great guy!

  1. Kaylen what a wonderful Christmas day! I smiled while reading the whole thing. And, OMG, Andrew is a delight! You have raised a most amazing young man - to give you the gift of time and volunteering, you are a fabulous mother.
    Wishing you both a new year filled with love and prosperity. HUGGLES!!

  1. Brandy@YDK said...:

    no laundry chore?! you are sooooo lucky.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails