Who Says The Earth Is Round?? They Are A Liar!

I miss Mexico. I miss not working. I am ready to partially retire.
Not that I don't love my job!

My job allows me to work from home once a week, or if I'm not feeling well, or if I need to meet the cable guy.

On those days, these are my officemates:

They are MUCH quieter than my officemates the rest of the week!

I've also been working (on my bloggin busyness) from this new office locale:
Otherwise known as My Treadmill.

I've wanted to do this for a long time. I got back from Mexico...sigh, Mexico......where we walked a mile or two every night on the beach and my knees didn't hurt at all! So I was anxious to keep walking, but alas, my knees do still hurt when I walk in the States. And this means that the earth is not round!! Gravity is obviously not as strong in Mexico and so my knees do not hurt when I walk!!! What an interesting unplanned scientific study I just did!!! I think I need to investigate further...maybe try someplace like Cuba and see if the results are the same. I'll keep you posted.

But anyway - my treadmill is now a workable desk!! I have seen this before, from a blogger who set up an elaborate desk around his treadmill, with a pull-out keyboard and printer shelf and everything. He had blueprints and diagrams and colored charts and screws and bolts and fasteners.

I did something similar that involves a shelf I bought for one of the living rooms that didn't end up matching so I put it in the garage intending to return it. It just happens that it is just the right size to reach from one arm of my treadmill to the other with a little extra room on the edge (safety feature!).

There's about a three inch gap from the shelf and the front of the reader portion of the treadmill (cause the electronic part is curved)...but the laptop is bigger than three inches so it's not an issue.

And one of the arms of the treadmill is right along the wall, so the overhang on the shelf is actually only on one side...but balancing things is over-rated, right?

I've only almost dropped my laptop (which belongs to my company) twice. The first time doesn't count though cause it was on my first trial walking period.

Who needs blueprints????

**A very important key factor to this is that you can't really walk fast. Or even at a normal walk-the-mall pace. However, walking on a treadmill for an hour at a 1.5mph pace is still infinitely better than sitting on the couch for an hour reading blogs, right?

Right!

11 comments:

  1. Yaya said...:

    You should totally patent the treadmill desk!

  1. kilax said...:

    Whoa. I was going to ask how fast you were walking! I have a hard time reading a magazine when I put in on 4.0 mph!

  1. Raven said...:

    What a great idea, I'd have never thought of that!

  1. Aunt Juicebox said...:

    I've thought of doing this myself, with an exercise bike. At least then I'd be sitting down.

  1. otin said...:

    You are nuts!!! LOL! HTF do you type and walk at the same time???

  1. You need to go on 'Shark Tank' and get the money to start the business... of course if you do and you get the $$$ since I egged you on to do that... can I have a cut??? lol
    I am like that with Italy or anywhere but Florida... I am ready to go back :)

  1. Jay said...:

    So if you're working from home while walking on the treadmil will you get worker's comp if you get hurt?

  1. Portland Rose said...:

    I want a treadmill desk! That is awesome. Want me to draw up some plans for you?
    http://writerosewrite.blogspot.com/2009/10/oh-my-look-what-i-made.html

  1. Nat said...:

    Haha awesome work treadmill!

  1. San said...:

    Wow, that's an idea. I do need to get a treadmill first, though.

  1. Can you figure out a way for me to work on my laptop while I am lying in the pool???
    That is actually the only way that I don't have any pain - it's not that I am lazy or anything, but I really do love being in the pool, too. I have even been given a prescription for aquatherapy by my neurosurgeon. It should be interesting... Have a great weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails