Thumbs Down!

Andrew and his friends think it's great fun to make fun of my driving skills.
I am a GOOD driver, I really am.
I AM!!!

His friend is currently in drivers ed (and mine will be soon) and as such, they are quick to point out things that they are learning are incorrect.

Like not completely stopping at a stop sign....but gas is expensive and really, if I'm leaving the parking area of my work and I can clearly see there's NOBODY in any way nearby-do I *really* need to make a complete stop? I'm pretty sure I'm saving money with my rolling stop...

It just happened that we were driving home together one day and as I was merging off the freeway during rush-hour, the guy next to me is racing me trying to merge onto the freeway....and we just weren't on the same wave-length (i.e. he didn't have any idea how to merge). So when we finally sorted out how to share the road, he gets alongside of me and does this:


A big dramatic thumbs down, with arm hanging out the window, presented in slow-motion, complete with eye contact.

No good.
It was worse than the normal finger gesture you typically see. It seemed more personal, like when you say, "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed."

And I have no way of letting him know that I am a good driver--I really am!!!

2 comments:

  1. Alison said...:

    OH my GOD I do that to people!!! SO much better than THE finger

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Kaylen, Kaylen, Kaylen,

    You must, did you hear me, I said you MUST always stop at stop signs. It's a law, and is meant for safety reasons. Please make a complete stop at stop signs. For me, one of your aunts.

    Take care.

    P.S.: certain people tell me I'm a lousy driver too - but what I really am is a courteous driver!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails